1. Abbaszadeh, G. R. & Shamabadi, A. (1389/2010). A study of the causes and factors of migration and its consequences with emphasis on marginalization (Case study: Nodeh district of Mashhad). Proceedings of the First Conference on Migration, Order and Security (pp. 241-259). Vol. 1, Office of Research and Applied Studies of Khorasan Razavi Disciplinary Center. Mashhad: Astan Quds Razavi Islamic Research Foundation. [in Persian]
2. Ajza-Shokoohi, M., Shirazi, A., & Haddad Moghadam, Z. (1392/2013). A study of the factors affecting the improvement of the quality of urban life in the informal settlements of Panjtan Al-Aba (Al-Timur in Mashhad). Journal of Geography and Regional Development, 11(21), 59-79. [in Persian]
3. Alizadeh Aqdam, M. B., & Mohammad Amini, H. (1391/2012). An analysis of the causes and consequences of marginalized areas with a special attitude on the city of khomein. Journal of Social Studies and Research, 1(2), 121-138. [in Persian]
4. Arzumandan Mofrad, R. (1391/2012). Rural migration and its socio-economic effects on the marginalization. Case study of Birjand. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Birjand University, Birjand , Iran. [in Persian]
5. Ballantyne, R., & Oelofse, C. (1999). Informal settlers' perceptions of environmental quality: A case study of the Mizamoyethu Community, South Africa. Environmentalist, 19(3), 203-215.
6. Behfrooz, F. (1374/1995). Main subjects in human geography. Tehran: University of Tehran. [in Persian]
7. Bellush, J. (1967). Slums and community development: Experiments in Self‐Help. By Marshall B. Clinard. The Free Press, A Division of The Macmillan Company, 866 Third Avenue, New York 10022, 1966. National Civic Review, 56(7), 428-428.
8. Chowdhury, F. J., & Amin, A. N. (2006). Environmental assessment in slum improvement programs: some evidence from a study on infrastructure projects in two Dhaka slums. Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 26(6), 530-552.
9. Darvish, Y. (1397/2018). The role of rural migration in the emergence of informal settlements (Case study: Mir Ashraf neighborhood in Ardabil). Statistical Center of Iran, 29(2), 133-142. [in Persian]
10. Davis, M. (2004). Planet of Slums « (Urban Involution and the Informal Proletariat), New Left Review, No. 26. pp5-34.
11. Ebrahimzadeh, I., Barimani, F., & Nasiri, Y. (1383/2004). Marginalization: Urban problems and its modification strategies. Case study: Karimabad Zahedan. Journal of Geography and Development,2(3), 121-146. [in Persian]
12. Ebrahimzadeh, I., Varesi, H. R., & Akbari, M. (1389/2010). The role of rural migration in informal settlement (Case study: Ahwaz). Jiurnal of Rural Researches, 1(1), 1-24. [in Persian]
13. Firooznia, Q. (1385/2006). Explaining the sustainability of economic activities in villages at risk of population depletion in Qazvin city. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran. [in Persian]
14. Forbes, E. (2019). Migration, informal settlement, and government response: The cases of four townships in Yangon, Myanmar. Moussons. Recherche en Sciences Humaines sur l’Asie du Sud-Est, (33), 95-117.
15. Ghanbari, H., Kazemi Rad, Sh., Hadiani, Z., & Mousavi, M. (1393/2014) An analysis of the causes of informal settlement using route analysis model (Case study: Shadgholi Khan Neighborhood in Qom). Geographical Research Quarterly, 29(3), 73-88. [in Persian]
16. Ghasemi Siani, M. (1386/2007). Consequences of rural-urban migration of the young rural generation. Youth Research, Culture and Society, 2, 145-165. [in Persian]
17. Gholami, R., Seifi Kafshgari, M. & Shahbazi, N. (1392/2013). Economic and social factors of marginalization in Iran. Case study: the Metropolis of Tehran. Afaq-e-Amniat Quarterly, 5(20), 167-186. [in Persian]
18. Guillermo A., & Santos, C. (2011). Informal settlements needs and environmental conservation in Mexico City: An unsolved challeng for landuse policy. Land Use Policy, 24(8), 662-649.
19. Heidari Nowshahri, M., Nazarian, A. (1390/2011). A study of the factors affecting marginalization and its reflections, with emphasis on the use of urban services Case: Yazd City. Land Geographical Quarterly, Scientific Research, 8(31), 31-49. [in Persian]
20. Hekmatnia, H., & Afshani, A. (1389/2010). Marginalization and proliferation of social crimes: Case Study of Yazd. Geographical Research Quarterly, 72, 157-166. [in Persian]
21. Hosseinzadeh, A. H., Nawah, A. R.,& Ismaili, M. (1387/2008). A study of social and economic factors affecting marginalization in Behban City. Quarterly Journal of Human Development, 4, 103-130. [in Persian]
22. Irandoost, K. (1387/2009). Informal settlements and the myth of marginalization. Tehran: Urban Planning and Processing Company. [in Persian]
23. Irandoost, K., Azami, M., & Tulayi, R. (1393/2014). Indicators for defining and determining informal settlements in Iran. Urban and Regional Studies and Research, 6(21), 43-60. [in Persian]
24. Jafari, M. H., Heidari Nowshahr, M., & Parsa, E. (13872018). The role of urban services provision in creating suburban neighborhoods in Yazd by relying on citizenship rights. Journal of Bioethics, Special Issue on Citizenship Rights, 8, 83-94. [in Persian]
25. Jomehpour, M. (1391/2012). Introduction to rural development planning perspectives and methods. Tehran: SAMT. [in Persian]
26. Kikha, B., & Moradi Siasar, H. (1394/2015). Analysis of social crimes from the perspective of marginalization and knowledge gap theory. Social Order Quarterly, 7(3), 107-130. [in Persian]
27. Kirschner, A., Mill, S., Schach, M., Schmekel, S., & Seligman, H. (2005). Living and working in slums of Mumbai. Inst. für Soziologie., April, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg.
28. Mansoori Kia, H. (1393/2014). Investigating the effects of informal settlements and marginalized social groups on the development of Varamin region. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran. [in Persian]
29. Mumtaz, B. (2001). Why cities need slums. Habitat Debate, 7(3), 20-21.
30. Naqdi, A. (1388/2009). Migration and marginalization as the Achilles Heel of future urban management. Proceedings of Congress on Migration in Iran, Vol. I, The Fifth Conference of the Iranian Demographic Association (pp. 284-302). Tehran: Asia-Pacific Demographic Studies Center. [in Persian]
31. Park, R. E. (1928). Human migration and the marginal man. American journal of sociology, 33(6), 881-893.
32. Peykani, O., & Bavar, S. (2018). Housing and informal settlement in the world and Iran. The Journal of Architecture and Urban Planning, 1(3), 1-10.
33. Qaderzadeh, H. (1393/2014). Sustainable urban development and the issue of marginalization. The 6th National Conference on Urban Planning and Management with Emphasis on the Components of the Islamic City, Mashhad.. [in Persian]
34. Rabbani, R., Arizi, F. S., Varesi, H., & Hosseini, M. R. (1385/2006). A study of factors affecting the formation of marginalization and its social consequences in Ahvaz. Journal of Geography and Development, 4(7), 89-114. [in Persian]
35. Raheb, Gh. (2005). A reflection of the concept of village. Journal of Environmental Studies, 41, 105-116.
36. Rezaei, M. R., Kamandari, M. (1393/2014). Investigation and analysis of the underlying causes of marginalization in the city of Kerman. Case study: Seyedi and Imam Hassan neighborhoods. Quarterly Journal of Spatial Planning (Geography), 4(4), 15, 179-196. [in Persian]
37. Riahi, V., & Azizi, S. (1388/2009) A study of informal settlement in the villages around the metropolis of Karaj. Caee study: Mahmoud Abad village. Andisheh Geographical Journal, 3(6), 10-27. [in Persian]
38. Rostamzadeh, Y. (1391/2012). Organizing and empowering informal settlements in urban areas with the attitude of local residents; Case study: Tohid area, Bandar Abas. Intenational Journal of Urban and Rural Management,10(29),321-336. [in Persian]
39. Rousta, M. (1388/2009). Informal settlements; unpleasant reality of urbanization process. Housing, Educational and Research Journal, 3(36),11-21. [in Persian]
40. Salehi Amiri, S. R., Khodaei, Z. (1390/2011). Marginalization and informal settlement challenges and consequences. Tehran: Qoghnus. [in Persian]
41. Sargazai Javan, T., Hadiani, Z. (1395/2016). Feasibility analysis of empowering informal settlements by enhancing social capital in Shirabad Neighborhood of Zahedan. Social Welfare Quarterly, 16(63), 185-213. [in Persian]
42. Sarvar, R., & Rousta, M. (1393/2014). Principles and foundations of empowerment of neighborhoods scheduled for urban renewal and improvement programs (informal settlements and old tissues). Shahr Rey: Islamic Azad University Publications. [in Persian]
43. Series of reports by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, (2004). Abstract of studies on empowerment and organization of informal settlements in Bandar Abbas. Urban Development and Improvement Organization.
44. Shabnama, M. (1395/2016). The role of social and economic factors in rural-urban migration. Case study: Noor Ali Beyg rural district in Saveh. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Payame Noor University, Tehran. [in Persian]
45. Sheikhi, M. (1391/2002). Spontaneous settlements: transition from a dilemma to a solution. The evolution of transition process and socio-economic characteristics of spontaneous settlements based on the research of Islamshahr, Akbarabad (Nasimshahr and Sultanabad Golestan) Quarterly Social Welfare Research, 2(6), 122-199. [in Persian]
46. Shibak, I. (1383/2004). Marginalization and physical, socio-economic consequences: Shirabad Zahedan. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Sistan and Baluchestan University, Zahedan, Iran. [in Persian]
47. Statistics Center of Iran, (1390/2011). Population and Housing Census (1976-2011). Tehran: SCI Publication. [in Persian]
48. Statistics Center of Iran. (1355/1976). Encyclopedia of Iran’s villages. Zahedan city. Theran: SCI Publication. [in Persian]
49. Tian, W., Zhou, Z., Chen, Z., Liu, X., & Lu, M. (2013). Beyond Lewis: rural‐to‐urban migration with endogenous policy change. China Agricultural Economic Review. 5(2), pp. 213-230.
50. Vatankhah, M. (1395/2016). The role of rural migration in the emergence of informal settlements. (Unpublished master’s thesis). Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch. [in Persian]
51. Zangiabadi, A., & Mubaraki, O. (1391/2012), A study of factors affecting the formation of suburbanization in Tabriz and its consequences. Case study (Ahmadabad Neighborhoods, Beheshti Alley, Khalilabad). Journal of Geography and Environmental Planning, 23(45), 1, 67-80 . [in Persian]
52. Zanjani, H. (1380/2001) Immigration. Tehran: SAMT. [in Persian]
53. Zeilhofer, P., & Topanotti, V. P. (2008). GIS and ordination techniques for evaluation of environmental impacts in informal settlements: A case study from Cuiaba, central Brazil. Applied Geography, 28(1), 1-15.