1. Aaker, D. A. (1991). Managing brand equity: Capitalizing on the value of a brand name. New York: The Free Press.
2. Aziz, N. K. (2012). Turkey as a destination brand: Perceptions of United States Visitors. Contemporary Research, 2(9), 211-221.
3. Bigili, B., & Ozkul, E. (2015). Brand awareness, brand personality, brand loyalty and consumer satisfaction relations in brand positioning strategies (A Torku brand sample). Journal of Global Strategic Management, 9(2), 89-106.
4. Bmanian, M., Pourjafar, M., & Mahmoudnejad, H. (2014/1393). Presenting the proposed model for implementation of electronic tourism in rural tourism development projects (Comparative study and presenting the proposed model using the contemporary conditions of Iran). Journal of City Management, 7(23), 71-88. [In Persian]
5. Bordea, A. (2014). Destination brand equity for Europen city destination (Unpublished Master thesis). University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark.
6. Buhalis, D. (2000). Marketing the competitive destination of the future. Journal of Tourism Management, 21(1), 97-116.
7. Buil, I., Martinez, E., & de Chernatony, L. (2013). The influence of brand equity on consumer responses. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 30(1), 62-74.
8. Cakmak, I. (2016). The role of brand awareness on brand image, perceived quality and effect on risk in creating brand trust. Global Journal on Humanites & Social Sciences, 4, 177-186.
9. Cecilia, S. G. (2008). City image as tourism destination. Annals of Faculty of Economics, 4(1), 1218-1222.
10. Cretu, I. (2011). Destination image and destination branding in transition countries: The Romanian tourism branding campaign ‘Explore the Carpathian Garden’ (Unpublished Master thesis). University of York, Heslington, United Kingdom.
11. Doh, M. (2010). Change through tourism: Resident perceptions of tourism development (Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation). Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, United States.
12. Farhadi Yonaki, M. (2017/1396). The identification of the effective key propellants in brand essence of target tourism villages (Case study: Saman County in Chahar Mahal and Bakhtiari Province) (Unpublished Master thesis). Art University of Esfahan, Faculty of Research Excellence in Art and Entrepreneurship, Department of Tourism and Museum, Esfahan, Iran. [In Persian]
13. Gras, M. K. (2008). Determining the relationship between destination brand image and its components with intention to visit (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). University of North Carolina, Wilmington, United States.
14. Jraisat, L. E. (2015). Perceived brand salience and destination brand loyalty from international tourists’ perspectives: The case of Dead Sea destination, Jordan. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 9(3), 292-315.
15. Karroubi, M. B. (2015/1394). Development of Tourism and Changing Cultural Patterns in Rural Areas (Case Study: Asiabsar village, City of Behshahr, Mazandaran Province). Journal of Iran Cultural Research, 8(2), 73-94. [In Persian]
16. Keller, K. L. (1993). Conceptualizing, measuring, and managing customer-based brand equity. Journal of Marketing, 57(1), 1-22.
17. Keller, K. L. (2003). Brand synthesis: The multidimensionality of brand knowledge. Journal of Consumer Research, 29(4), 595-600.
18. Kiani Faizabadi, Z. (2007/1386). Prioritizing the factors affecting branding the destination of tourism and measuring it in Iran (Unpublished Master thesis). University of Allameh Tabatabaee, Faculty of Management & Accounting, Department of Tourism Managemant, Tehran, Iran. [In Persian].
19. Konecnik, M. (2006). Croatian-based brand equity for Slovenia as a tourism destination. Economic and Business Review for Central and South-Eastern Europe, 8(1), 83.
20. Konecnik, M., & Gartner, W. C. (2007). Customer-based brand equity for a destination. Annals of Tourism Research, 34(2), 400-421.
21. Marzo-Navarro, M., Pedraja-Iglesias, M., & Vinzon, L. (2017). Key variables for developing integrated rural tourism. Journal of Tourism Geographies, 19(4), 575-594.
22. Morgan, N., Pritchard, A., & Piggott, R. (2002). New Zealand, 100% pure: The creation of a powerful niche destination brand. The Journal of Brand Management, 9(4), 335-354.
23. Navarro, D. (2015). Tourist resources and tourist attractions: conceptualization, classification and valuation. Travel Notebooks, (35), 335-357. [In Spanish]
24. Nazari, P. (2016/1395). Urban brand evaluation in order to promote the identity of new cities, Case study: Shahin Shahr (Unpublished Master thesis). Department of Tourism and Museum, Faculty of Research Excellence in Art and Entrepreneurship, Art University of Esfahan, Esfahan, Iran. [In Persian]
25. Oppermann, M. (1996). Rural tourism in southern Germany. Annals of Tourism Research, 23(1), 86-102.
26. Qu, H., Kim, L. H., & Im, H. H. (2011). A model of destination branding: Integrating the concepts of the branding and destination image. Journal of Tourism Management, 32(3), 465-476.
27. Safari, R., & Habibpour, K. (2012/1391). SPSS comprehensive guide to survey research (Quantitative data analysis). Tehran: Motafakeran -loyeh. [In Persian]
28. Taheri Damna, M., & Naderi Khorshidi, E. (2014/1393). Human resources forecasting in the republican police force using combined scenario analysis and cross-effect analysis. Journal of the Naja Human Resources, 9(36), 29-49. [In Persian]
29. Varvaressos, S., & Soteriades, M. (2002). Rural tourism’s planning into the framework of European initiative leader plus. Archives of Economic History, 14(2), 191-213.
30. Zabkar, V., Brenčič, M. M., & Dmitrović, T. (2010). Modelling perceived quality, visitor satisfaction and behavioural intentions at the destination level. Journal of Tourism Management, 31(4), 537-546.
31. Zali, N., & Zamanipour, M. (2015/1394). systematic analysis of strategic variables of regional development in scenario-planning (Case study: Mazandaran). Town and Country Planing, 7(1), 1-28. [In Persian]
32. Zenker, S., & Petersen, S. (2014). An integrative theoretical model for improving resident-city identification. Environment and Planning, 43(6), 715-729.
33. Zenker, S., Braun, E., & Petersen, S. (2017). Branding the destination versus the place: The effects of brand complexity and identification for residents and visitors. Tourism Management, 58, 15-27.