Information For Authors
To prevent delays in publication, authors should follow these guidelines:
- The submitted article should not have been published in any local or foreign publications or foreign collection of articles.
- English articles should be typed in narrow Times New Roman 11 in Microsoft Word format. Articles should be printed on A4 papers (with 3 centimeters spacing from top, 2 cm from below, 2 cm from right and 2 cm from left). Line spacing should be single.
- The size of the article should not exceed approximately 9500 words or at most 15 printed pages of the size of the publication and at least 15 pages (including tables, figures, abstract and sources list).
- For articles, the title including word spacing shouldn't exceed 60 words.
- The author name of the article with the pen name of bold Times New Roman 10, his academic title or job is also marked with narrow Times New Roman 10 and in the case of several authors with the number specified. Moreover, the Email address and telephone number of the corresponding author should be mentioned as footnote.
- Structured abstracts for article with Times New Roman 10 is one-column.
- Figures and Charts in the article must be original and have a high quality. The original file of the figures should be sent in Excel, Word or PDF format with a resolution of 300 dpi. The font size, especially for curves (legend), should be big enough to be legible after the sizes are decreased for printing.
- The structure of the article includes the following elements:
8 -1. Title page: in the identification page, title of the article, name and surname of the author(s), scientific rank, full address (postal code, telephone and fax numbers and email address), location of the research, person in charge for the article and date of sending the article should be mentioned. Corresponding author's name should be specified with a star mark.
8-2. Abstract: includes Structured abstracts (include: Purpose, Methodology, Finding, Practical implications, Original/value) of the article and keywords (3 to 6 words). The abstract should not exceed 300 words and should give a summary of the introduction, method of the research, findings and conclusion. In addition to the structured abstract, it is necessary to have a Persian extended abstract with 750 to 1000 words and include introduction, theoretical framework, methodology, discussion, conclusion and keywords in a way that contains information from the whole article and can be printed separately. Due to the fact that the article will be returned later in English, there is no need to translate the abstract into English.
8-3. Introduction: includes necessity of doing the research, unanswered questions about topics of the article and purpose of the research and the method of article for answering them.
8-4. Research theoretical literature: includes scientific descriptions, latest theories and scientific discussions related to the article's topic, viewpoints of the connoisseurs, background information and finally a conceptive model for the research.
8-5. Methodology of the research: includes designing the research, time and place of doing the research, samples under study, sampling method, and process of gathering data, measurement tools and methods of quantity and quality analysis.
8-6. Findings: presenting precise results of important findings according to scientific principles and using the required tables and charts.
8 -7. Discussion and conclusion: includes the effects and the importance of the findings of the research and those of similar researches emphasizing on the differences between them and the reasons for those differences, explains the article's potential to be universal and the scientific usage of the findings and presents necessary guidelines for continuing relative researches, conclusion, possible suggestions and recommendations.
8-8. Acknowledgment: be submitted before used resources and refrain from mentioning the doctor and engineer.
- References: the references relied on should be mentioned both in the text and in the end of the article.
9-1. References in the body of the article should be mentioned in parenthesis (APA) with author or authors' name(s), year of the publication and page respectively. Reference to published works should be mentioned in the original language (Persian or English).
For example: (Woods, 2005, p.27).
9-2. In the end of the article, the sources used in the text should be presented in alphabetical order of the authors' surnames as below:
- Bourne, L. S. (1981). The geography of housing. London: Edward Arnold.
- Turgat, H. (2001). Culture, continuity and change: Structural analysis of the housing pattern in squatter settlement. Global Environment Research (GBER), 1(1), 17-25.
9-3. Types of quotes (direct and indirect), quotes the content and materials from sources and references, in bold letters and using conventional markings, and the names of the owners of the works, the date and the number of pages of the references, immediately write in parenthesis.
- Articles extracted from dissertations and master thesis with the name of supervisor, consultants and students are published together with the responsibility of the supervisor.
- If an institute is in charge of the costs of the research or writing the article, should be noted in the section of acknowledgment.
- Article Evaluation Method: Submitted papers that qualify for admission, articles are sent to referee's expert on that subject. Reviewer values, besides qualitative evaluation of articles, propose valuable strategies. The suggestions of the referees will be sent to the author in full, but without the referee's name.
- The Journal reserves the right to reject or accept, as well as to edit the articles, and the articles will not be returned. The original of the articles will be rejected or canceled after three months from the journal archive collection and the Journal of Rural Research and Planning will have no responsibility in this regard.
- If no response was received by the authors within one week, it means that they agree to the amendments that were made and to be published.
- In order to submit an article, the esteemed author(s) should visit the publication Website of Journal of Research & Rural Planning http://jrrp.um.ac.ir/ and send their articles after registration following the instructions given.
- Dear authors, articles that are not prepared in accordance with the journal's format are returned to the author and will not be included in the evaluation process.
- The essential files to send through the system are:
- a) File Specification Authors: In the MS. Word environment contains names and authors specifications in Persian and English.
- b) Main file of the article without specification: In the MS. Word environment contains the main text of the article without the names and authors' specifications.
- c) Extended Abstract File: Includes Persian Abstract in the form of a file in the MS. Word environment.
- More detailed and more precise terms are also provided in the Author's Guide to writing and submission of articles.
19. The article will be returned to English after a scientific evaluation and the author (s) will be obliged to translate it into editing centers and it will not be possible to submit a certificate of acceptance before the translation is completed. Therefore, it is recommended that Persian speakers prepare and submit their article in Persian language and follow the process of scientific evaluation and acceptance of its translation.