Purpose- The formation of various economic activities has always been accompanied by changes in this geographical space. Therefore, the purpose of this paper is to analyze the local-spatial consequences of the development of tourism economy with an entrepreneurial approach in rural areas of Samen District in Malayer County.
Design/methodology/approach- This study is an applied one. According to the method, it is descriptive-analytical. To fulfill the purpose of the study, field study and survey were used. Its reliability was calculated using Cronbach's alpha test for 4 components of economic, social, physical, and environmental consequences with the values of 0.90, 0.90, 0.99 and 0.97, respectively. Thus, the research tool was considered appropriate. Factor analysis was used to analyze the data using SPSS (version 20).
Findings- The results showed that the local-spatial consequences of the development of tourism economy with an entrepreneurial approach can be considered in six classified factors under the following headings: Development of physical and environmental capital (40.54%), development of rural tourism service platforms (22.98%), social and improving capital of local communities (11.84%), development of economic capital and employment of local communities (7.49%) , expansion of tourism economy development infrastructure (3.37%), and the entrepreneurial capital factor and the development of local communities (2.54%). These six consequences explain the variance of all variables for the total of 88.76%
Research limitations/implications- More than half of entrepreneurs neither use a specific marketing and tourism strategy to sell their products, nor have a website. Lack of access to infrastructure such as the internet and accommodation opportunity has created limitations for the development of the tourism entrepreneurial economy in the rural areas of Malayer.
Practical implications- In order to achieve the development of tourism entrepreneurship in rural areas, it is recommended to pay special attention to the development of rural environmental capital, security and development of infrastructure and basic services, and development of social and improving capital of local communities in the region. Since most of the tourists entering Malayer have commercial purposes, the development of rural services such as the travel agencies and active tours in the village, the presence of internet cafes for tourists in the village, automobile repair shops, insurance offices, local restaurants and ecolodges seem to be essential.
Originality/Value: To understand the dynamics and consequences of the development of tourism economy, the entrepreneurial approach was used in the form of Porter’s tourism impact model. It led to the measurement of local-spatial consequences in this area.
Rural entrepreneurship, Development of tourism economy, Local-spatial consequences, Samen District in Malayer County
2. Anabestani, A., Saeedi, A., & Darvishi, H. (1391/2012). Investigation of economic, social, physical, and environmental effects of tourism development on rural settlements from the perspective of tourists and villagers. Case Study: Arjhan Fars Plain. Journal of Spatial Planning, 2(1), 6-20. [In Persian]
3. Bayat, N. & Badri, S. A. (1396/2017). Analyzing the local residents' perceptions of the effects of rural tourism in Malayer County: Villages in Kolan River basin. Quarterly Journal of Space Economy & Rural Development, 6, 59- 76. [In Persian]
4. Braunerhjelm, P., Acs, Z. J., Audretsch, D. B., & Carlsson, B. (2010). The missing link: knowledge diffusion and entrepreneurship in endogenous growth. Small Bus Econ, 34, 105-125.
5. Douglas, N., & Douglas, N. (1996). The social and cultural impact of tourism in the Pacific. In C. M. Hall, & S. J. Page (Eds.), Tourism in the Pacific: Issues and cases. London: International Thomson Business Press.
6. Ghanian, M., Khani, F., & Baqaei, L. (1390/2011). Assessing the entrepreneurship space in rural tourism (Case Study: Oraman Region). Journal of Rural Research, 2(3), 99-123. [In Persian]
7. Gharkhloo, M., Ramazanzadeh lasbooi, M., & Glenn Sharifdini, J. (1388/2009). Environmental effects of tourism on the shores of Ramsar. Human Geography Research, 1(3), 1-12. [In Persian]
8. Ghorshi Minaabad, M., Movlaei Hashjin, N. A., & Yaghoubi, M. (1393/2014). Explaining local-spatial consequences of tourism on the villages of Rezvanshahr County. Geographical Prespective in Humanities, 9(27), 53-73. [In Persian]
9. Hashempour, F., Lahmian, R., & Barari, M. (1391/2012). Investigating the economic and environmental effects of tourism from the perspective of citizens (Case study: Babolsar city). Iranian Natural Ecosystems, 3(1), 49-63. [In Persian]
10. Hayek, F. A. (1945). The use of knowledge in society. The American Economic Review, 35(4), 519-530.
11. Lundberg, D. E., Krishnamoorthy, M. & Stavenga, M. H. (1394/2015). Tourism economics (M. R. Farzin, Trans.). Tehran: Bazargani Publication. [In Persian]
12. Meleddu, M., Paci, R., Pulina, M. (2015). Repeated behaviour and destination loyalty. Tourism Management, 50(1), 159-171.
13. Nikraftar, T., & Nosratifar, Z. (2017). Identifying entrepreneurial opportunities in rural tourism in Alborz Province. Quarterly Journal of Space Economy & Rural Development, 6, 45-94. [In Persian]
14. Nouri, H. A., & Khorasani, Z. (1391/2012). Analysis of the economic, social and environmental effects of tourism development in Sari. Journal of Spatial Planning, 1(4), 1-18. [In Persian]
15. Ogilvie, I. (1933). The tourist management. London: Staples Press.
16. Page, A. J. (2017). Introduction to tourism management (A. Parsaian, Trans.). Tehran: Office of Cultural Research. [In Persian]
17. Pearce, D. G. (1989). Tourism development. Harlow: Longman.
18. Porter, A. (1978). The methodology of impact analysis. Town and Country Planning, 46(9), 400-404.
19. Rahmani, F., Rezaeipasha, P., & Mehr Ali Tabar Firoozjah, M. (1394/2015). Effects and consequences of environmental tourism in rural areas (Case Study: Tamshkol Rural District, Tonekabon County). Quarterly Journal of Socio-Cultural Development Studies, 4(2), 125-143. [In Persian]
20. Ranjbarian, B., & Zahedi, M. (1379/2000). Tourism planning at the national and regional levels. Isfahan: (ACECR) the Technology Industrial branch in Isfahan. [In Persian]
21. Ranjbarian, B., & Zahedi, M. (1392/2013). Tourism marketing. Isfahan: Chahar-bagh. 400. [In Persian]
22. Rezvani, M. R., Akbarian Runizi, S., Roknadin Eftekhari, A., & Badri, S., (2012). Explain the indicators of sustainability benchmark in evaluating the effects of tourism patterns in rural areas around metropolitans (Case study: Rural areas around the metropolis of Tehran). Human Geographical Research, 44(3), 69-94. [In Persian]
23. Roknadin Eftekhari, A., & Badri, S., (1391/2012). Development model system in rural areas: Learning from the experiences of the exemplary villages in the world and Iran. Tehran: Nour-Elm Publications. [In Persian]
24. Sojasi Qaidari, H., Roknadin Eftekhari, A., & Mahdavi, D. (1395/2016). Sustainable development of tourism entrepreneurship with an emphasis on rural areas. Tehran: SAMT. [In Persian]
25. Sarrafi, M., & Kazemian, G. (1396/2017). Preparation and review of Gilan province planning program: Review of the first part: Analysis of the situation and structure of tourism. Research project, Planning and Budget Organization of Gilan, 25-35 [In Persian]
26. Smith, V. (1997). Hots and guests: The anthropology of tourism. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvannia Press.
27. Steiner, A., &Cleary, J. (2014). What are the features of resilient businesses? Exploring the perception of rural entrepreneurs. Journal of Rural and Community Development, 9(3), 1-20.
28. Tang, Z. (2015). An integrated approach to the evaluating the coupling coordination
between tourism and the environment. Tourism Management, 46, 11-19.
29. UNWTO. (2012). Tourism in the green economy: Background report Madrid, Spain. UNEP: Nairobi, Kenya.
30. UNWTO. (2015). Tourism highlights. Retrieved from: http://www.e-unwto. org/ doi/ pdf/ 10.18111/ 9789284416899
31. Zia Tavana, M. H., Biranvandzadeh, M., & Darvishi, H. (1393/2014). Spatial consequences of tourism industry development and rehabilitation and renovation policies in the historical texture of Baghshahr Meybod with emphasis on physical-environmental factors. Journal of Urban Landscape Research, 1(1). 67-78. [In Persian]
32. Zohang, L. S., Deng, J. Y., Song, Z.W., & Deng, P.Y. (2011). Research on environmental impacts of tourism in China; Progress and prospect. Journal of Environmental Management, 92, 2972-2983.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Respectfully ", I declare that I am editing an article, principle of intellectual property is considered and if it is proved otherwise, to compensate for the losses sustained by the Journal of Research and Rural Planning am committed.