Purpose- Over the past few decades, tourism has played an important role in revitalizing the nature, creating employment and income, preserving natural, historical and cultural heritage, and ultimately sustainable development by utilizing the natural and cultural capacities of the region. Since tourism has different economic, social, cultural, and environmental impacts on host communities, awareness of the attitude of the host community as a tourism product provider is of great importance. The main objective of the study is to investigate the local residents' attitude toward mass tourism effects in Boyer-Ahmad County.
Design/methodology/approach- The present study is descriptive-analytical in nature. It takes an empirical approach. The research instrument was a questionnaire with 82 items that gathered the information needed for the research. The sample size was calculated to be 195 individuals using PASS software at 95% of confidence level. One-sample t-test, ANOVA, Friedman, and Scheffe post-hoc tests were used to analyze and respond to research hypotheses in SPSS software.
Finding- The results of t-test considering the significance level of the test and the high and low levels of confidence indicated the impact of tourism in the environmental, economic, social, and fundamental dimensions, while the results of ANOVA test showed that the average of each dimension was different. The results of Friedman test with a significant level of 0.00 have assigned the highest rank to the fundamental dimension.
Local community’s view, Mass tourism, Tourism effects, Boyer-Ahmad County
2. Ahmadi, M. (1397/2018). Evaluation of factors affecting cultural development and its impacts on economic sustainability of rural areas of Zanjan Province. Regional Planning, 8(29), 259-274. [In Persian]
3. Aligholizadeh Firouzjaee, N., Ramezanzadeh Lasbouei, M., & Esmaeili, M. (1393/ 2014). Measuring the attitude and orientation of the host society to the tourism development in Rural areas of desert regions (Case study: Rural areas of Khur and Biabanak). Geographical Studies of Arid Regions, 18, 37-53. [In Persian]
4. Alipour Eshliki, S., & Kaboudi, M. (1391/2012). Community perception of tourism impacts and their participation in tourism planning: A case study of Ramsar Iran. Procedia Social and Behavioural Sciences, 36, 333-341. [In Persian]
5. Aliyari, V., Sharifzadeh, M., & Ahmadvand, M. (1398/2019). Analyzing the spatial effects of urban tourism attractions on Mashhad tourism services. Tourism Management Studies (Tourism Studies), 14(45), 221-247. [In Persian]
6. Amini, A., Bakhti, S., & Babajamali, F. (1394/2015). Evaluation of the attitude of the host society to the development of tourism in rural areas. Research in Tourism Management Studies, 30, 77-106. [In Persian]
7. Amirhajilo, E., Tavalaei, S., Zanganeh, A., & Zanganeh, A. (1392/2013). Evaluating and Prioritizing Tourism Impacts at National Level Using TOPSIS Technique, Regional Planning Journal, No. 10, pp. 15-26. [In Persian]
8. Anabestani, A.A., Saeedi, A., & Darvishi, H. (1391/2012). Investigating the socio-economic, fundamental and environmental impacts of tourism development in rural settlements from the viewpoint of tourists and villagers (Case study: Arjan-Fars Plain), Spatial Planning, 2, 1-20. [In Persian]
9. Babakhanzadeh, E. (1392/2013). Investigating the economic sociol-cultural and environmental effects of tourism development on Orumanat area. Spatial Planning (Geography), 3(3), 145-164. [In Persian]
10. Babakhanzadeh, E., & Lotfi, S. (1391/2012). Evaluation of tourism effects on Quri Ghaleh Village. Tourism Management Studies, 20, 81-116. [In Persian]
11. Bagheri, A., & Rashid Clivar, S.H. (1397/2018). Attitudes of Ardebil villagers on the impact of conductor plan on development of infrastructures of rural tourism. Rural and Development, 21)1(, 48-25. [In Persian]
12. Bayat, N., Badri, S.A., & Razvani, M.R. (1397/2018). Comparative analysis of perceptions of local residents on tourism impacts in rural areas (Case Study: Villages of Kolan River Watershed in Malayer City). Journal of Rural Researches, 9(3), 495-478. [In Persian]
13. Bayern, B. M. (1390/2011). Application and Analysis of Structural Equation Modeling in the Humanities, (A. Hosseinzadeh, Trans). Islamic Azad University of Shoushtar Publications. [In Persian]
14. Daneshmehr, H., Karimi, A., & Safari, V. (1391/2012(. Investigating the role of Nature College and its effects on rural development using SWOT analytical model (The case study of Uraman Takht village). Village Research, 3(3), 209-234. [In Persian]
15. Delbari, A., & Rajabi, M.H. (1390/2011(. Tourism management destination. Tehran: Mahkame Publications. [In Persian]
16. Ganizares, S., Maria, S., & Julia M. (2014). Local residents' attitudes towards impacts of tourism development in Cape Verde Islands, Tourism and management studies, 10 (1), 1-14.
17. Garcia, F., Angeles, M., Fernandez, P., Balbuena, A., & Macias, R. C. (2016). Resident’s perceptions of tourism development in Banalmadena (Spain). Tourism Management, 54, 259-274.
18. Gee, C. W., Parsaeian, A. & Arabi, M. (2011) Tourism in comprehensive perspective. Tehran: Office of Cultural Research.
19. Ghadami, M., Aligholozadeh, N. & Ramezanzadeh, M. (2010). Investigating the role of tourism in destination quality of life changes (Case study: Kalarabad Dehestan of Tonkabon County). Iranian Journal of Social Studies, 1(3), 152-163. [In Persian]
20. Ghanian, M., &. Hasheminejad, A. (1395/2016). Motivational analysis of participation in sustainable tourism development from the viewpoint of Dez protected area residents, Geography Quarterly, 14(49), 61–77. [In Persian]
21. Ghorbani, R., Zadvali, F., & Zadvali Khajeh, S. (1393/2014). Evaluating the Negative Impacts of Tourism Development on Attractive Tourist Village (Case Study: Kandovan Village - Osko County). Regional Planning Quarterly, 4(15), 103-118. [In Persian]
22. Gnanapala, A.C. & Karunathilaka, T. P. )2016(. Community perception on tourism development and its impacts: A study on Passikudha, Tourism. Leisure and Global Change, 3, 164-178.
23. Hanafiah, M. H., Jamaluddin, M. R., & Zulkifly, M. I. (2013). Local community attitude and support towards tourism development in Tioman Island, Malaysia. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 105(1), 792-800.
24. Hejazi, J., Zareie, R., & Goudarzi, M. (1390/2011). Study and assessment of geographical and environmental impacts of tourism using AHP model (Case study: International Wetland Shadgan). Journal of Wetland, 3(9), 59-70. [In Persian]
25. Henderson, J., & Gohari, M. R. (1393/2014). Crisis management in the tourism industry, reasons and consequences. Tehran: Mahkame Publications. [In Persian]
26. Heng, Z. & Siu Lai, L. (2012). A structural model of residents’ intention to participate in ecotourism: The case of a wetland community. Tourism Management, 33, 916-925.
27. Homsud, N., & Sompong, P. (2015). The effects of resident's image and perceived tourism impact to residence satisfaction and support: A case study of Hua-Hin, the 2015 WEI international Academic conference proceedings, Vienna, pp190-199.
28. Jamshidi, M. J., Barakpour, N., & Kalantari, Kh. (1397/2018). Spatial Analysis of Urban Tourism Attractions on Mashhad Tourism Services. Tourism Management Studies, 13)44(, 1-38. [In Persian]
29. Kazemi, M., Pour, S., Saadatyar, F. S., & Bitaraf, F. (1390/2011). The effect of tourists' mental image on perceived value of Caspian coastal cities with emphasis on the mediating role of perceived factors quality. Journal of Research and Urban Planning, 2 (6), 19-34. [In Persian]
30. Kazemipour Sabat, S.A, Rezaei, H., & Ramazanifar, H. (1394/2015). Measuring the Attitude of the Host Community to the Social Impacts of Tourism Development in Hamadan. Iranian Journal of Cultural Research, 8(1), 151-184. [In Persian]
31. Keshavarz, Y. )1393/2014) Structural Equation Modeling Using Amos (AMOS). Tehran: Book of Mehrban Nashr. [In Persian]
32. Kirschkamp, A. (2007). A contingency based view of Chief executive officers early warning behavior, Gabler edition. Wissenschaft.
33. Ling, P. L., Shaharudin, J., Johari, A., Khin Than, M., & Abdul Rani, N. S. (2011). An evaluation on the attitudes of residents in Georgeton towards the impacts of tourism development. International Journal Business and Science, 2(1), 264- 277.
34. Liu, J., Sheldon, P. J., & Var. T. (1987). Resident Perceptions of the Environmental Impacts of Tourism. Annals of Tourism Research, 14 (1), 17-37.
35. Mahdavi, M., Ghadiri Masooms, M., & Ghahremani, N. (1387/2008). Tourism effects on rural development by a survey of villagers in the Valley of Ken and Sulaghan. Village and Development, 11(2), 39-60. [In Persian]
36. Mansouri Moaeyed, F., & Soleimani, S. (1391/2012). Marketing Tools and Tourism Visualization of Destination, Journal of Tourism Studies, 7(189), 93-110. [In Persian]
37. Mason, P. (2015). Tourism, impacts, planning and management. Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann.
38. Mohammadian Mosammam, H., Sarrafi, M., Tavakoli Nia, J., & Heidari, S. (1395/2016). Typology of the ecotourism development approach and an evaluation from the sustainability view: The case of Mazandaran Province, Iran. Tourism Management Perspectives, 18, 168-178. [In Persian]
39. Motiee Langroudi, H., & Rezaeeye Azadi, M. (1392/2013(. Evaluation of the economic Impact of Tourism from the Viewpoint of the Host community on the Promenade of Orumieh Section. Space Economy and Rural Development, 2(2), 75-91. [In Persian]
40. Mutanga, C. N., Vengesayi, S., Kwanisai, G., Mirimi, K., & Chipotoreke, C. (2013). Tourism development and host communities' perceptions: the case of Monapools national park Zimbabwe. Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 3(10), 42-56.
41. Naderi Mehdiei, K., Azani, M., Yaghoubi Frani, A., & Rousta, M. (1392/2013). Investigating the Impacts of Tourism on Abyaneh Village Using SWOT Technique. Geographical Research Quarterly, 28(4), 31-44. [In Persian]
42. Papoli Yazdi, M.H., & Saghaiee, M. (1390/2011). Tourism (nature of concepts). Tehran: SAMT Publications. [In Persian]
43. Rezaei, R., Sharifzadeh, A., & Paski, E. (1390/2011). Analyze the negative consequences of tourism development in rural areas in Qazvin Province. Journal of Housing and Rural Environment, (137), 83-92. [In Persian]
44. Sita, S., & Nor Ashikin M. (2015). Degree of contact and local perceptions of tourism impacts: A case study of Homestay programme in Sarawak, 2nd global conference on business and social science.
45. Soleimani Harouni, Kh., Khosravipour, B., Baradaran, M., & Ghanian, M. (1389/2010). Attitudes of residents of rural tourism areas to the consequences of rural tourism. Economic and Development Agricultural Research, 2, 213-218. [In Persian]
46. Taghdisi, A., Taghavi, M., & Piri, S. (1391/2012). An Analysis the Host Community Attitude to the Socio-Cultural Impacts of Tourism in City of Dallahoo. Specialized Journal of Spatial Planning, 2(1), 120-140. [In Persian]
47. Tichaawa, T., & Maloney, O. (2015). Rresidents perceptions towards the impacts of tourism development: the case of Victoria falls Zimbabwa, African journal of hospitality tourism and leisure, 4(1), 1-15.
48. Türker, A. N., & Öztürk, A. S. (2013). Perceptions of residents towards the impacts of tourism in the Küre Mountains National Park, Turkey. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 4(2), 45-56.
49. Ullman, J. B. (2006). Structural Equation Modeling: Reviewing the Basics and moving Forward, Journal of Personality Assessment, 87(1), 35-50.
50. Vosoughi, L., & Khoshkan, S. (1390/2011). Explaining the Intercultural Differences in Tourism Based on the Understanding of Local Community (Case Study: Gharadaq region (Arasbaran)). Journal of Iranian Cultural Studies, 8(30), 95-129. [In Persian]
51. Wu, S. T. & Chen, Y.S. (2015). The social economic and environmental impacts of casino gambling on residents of Macao and Singapore, Tourism management, 48, 285-298.
52. Ziaei, M., & Hasanpour, M. (1392/2013). Definition of strategic areas for the development of tourism objectives using the theoretical and applicable approaches of destination life cycle models and Daxi Range Indexes (Case Study: Mesr, Farahzad, Mohammad Abad Kourgaz, Abu Zaidabad, Band Reg, and Osin, Rig Jen, Jandag). Geography and Urban-Regional Planning, 3(9), 15-28. [In Persian
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Respectfully ", I declare that I am editing an article, principle of intellectual property is considered and if it is proved otherwise, to compensate for the losses sustained by the Journal of Research and Rural Planning am committed.