Purpose- The purpose of the present study was to investigate the causes and factors affecting the improvement of rural housing quality (case study: Oraman District, Sarvabad County).
Design/methodology/approach- The present study is an applied research in terms of purpose and has a descriptive-analytical nature. Also, in terms of data collection method, it is a documentary-survey research. In the present study, the quality of rural housing was assessed to evaluate the effective factors in improving the quality of rural housing using the relevant indicators. The statistical population of the study was the Oraman District with 2468 households. The samples of the study were selected by simple random method, and the sample size of 345 households was obtained using the Cochran sampling formula.
Finding- The results showed that the economic, physical, social and management factors (P <0.000) are effective in improving the quality of housing in Oraman villages. Also, according to the rating level of the indices, the physical dimension with the mean rating of (3.91) has the highest effect and the management dimension with the mean rating of (1.00) has the lowest effect.
Research limitations/implications-Due to the low cooperation of local people and the cultural, ethnic and political sensitivities in the region, this study encountered numerous limitations and difficulties during the distribution of the questionnaire which challenged the research work.
Originality / value- The earthquake happened in Western Iran destroyed many homes and killed many people, emphasizing the importance and quality of housing. Given that there has been no research on housing, especially its quality in this area, therefore, investigating the factors contributing to the improvement of housing quality in the future can reduce many of the human and financial losses.
Housing quality, Rural housing, Social participation, Oraman villages
2. Anabestani, A. & Mahmoudi, H. (1395/2016). Investigation of impact of quality of life on rural housing improvement (Case study: Shandiz District, Binalood County). Journal of Spatial Planning, 5(1), 1-20. [In Persian].
3. Arjmandnia, A. (1380/2001). Population and housing. Environmental Studies, 16(16), 25-38. [In Persian].
4. Bayat, M. (1396/2017). Analysis of impact of housing poverty on quality of life in rural households (Case study: Mojezat Zanjan County). MSc Thesis, Zanjan university. [In Persian].
5. Dehdari, T. (2001). The affect of health education on quality of life of open-heart surgery patients, A thesis Presented for the Master of Since Degree, University of Tarbiat Modares. [In Persian].
6. Eben, S., & Mohammad, A. (2001). Environmental cognition in the vernacular landscape: assessing the aesthetic quality of Al-Alkhalaf Village. Southwestern Saudi Arabia Building and Environment, 36(8), 965-979.
7. Ebrahimzadeh, A., & Ghadermarzi, J. (1394/2015). Analytical study on housing quality of urban neighborhoods, a strategy to improve quality of life citizens (Case study: Dehgolan neighborhoods). Geography and Development Quality, 13(40), 156-189.
8. Edwards, B., & Turret, D. (2002). Sustainable housing: Principles and practice. London: Taylor & Francis.
9. Etuck, L. (2012). Baseline assessment of rural community validity, Rural studies program. http://ruralstudies.oregonstate.edu.p.3
10. Feghhi Farahmand, N. (1388/2009). Economic and social priorities of key factors of housing quality. Knowledge and Development, 16(26), 170-189. [In Persian].
11. Habibi, S. M., & Ahari, Z. (1383/2004). Study Plan report (Investigation of Qualitative Dimensions of Housing in Iran). Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Tehran. [In Persian].
12. Husar, J. M. (2011.A). Rural community validity, the Cases of Fort Montana and Watford city, North Dakota. M.A Thesis in Architecture, McGill University, Montral, Canada.
13. Husar, J.M. (2011.B). Rural community validity, the cases of Fort Beneton, Montana and Waterford City, North Dakota. Official Graduation Semester, U.S.A.
14. Liabnda, M. (2001). The passing traditional society: Moderning the Middle East. American Psychological Association.
15. Lotfi, H., Ahmadi, A., & Hoseinzadeh Farjood, D. (1388/2009). Essential indicators and components in rural housing planning and policy making in Iran. Regional Planning, 2(7), 89-109. [In Persian].
16. Majidi, F.A. (1391/2012). Case study of housing to improve quality of life of handicapped and physically-motor disbled people, Journal of Handicapped, 4(15), 12-19. [In Persian].
17. Maleki, S. (1390/2011). Assessment of status of social housing indicators in rural areas of Ahvaz, Housing and Rural Environment, 29(129), 32-49. [In Persian].
18. Maleki, S., & Sheikhi, H. (1388/2009). Investigation of role of spcial housing indicators in provinces of Iran using combined index of human development, Journal of Housing and Rural Environment, 28(127), 99-107. [In Persian].
19. Malian, V.N. (2008). Sustainable housing, hiqualityhousing: A key issue in delivering sustainable communities, Building and Environment, 44(2), 426-430.
20. Mastern, F. (2014). Practice of community architecture: A Case study of zone of opportunity housing co-operative, Montreal, M.A Thesis in Architecture, McGill University, Montral, Canada.
21. Mohammadi Yeganeh, B., Cheraghi, M., & Velaei, M. (1392/2013). Role of tourism in rural development with emphasis on quality of life, social capital (Case study: Qapachaq, Miandoab County), Applied Research in Geographical Sciences, 13(30), 7-25. [In Persian].
22. Mohammadi Yeganeh, B., Cheraghi, M., Abbasi, J., & Samadi, F. (1395/2016). Evaluation of impact of housing quality on validity od rural settlements of Khavmirabad, Marivan County, Journal of Applied Geographical Sciences, 16(43), 107-124. [In Persian].
23. Mohammadi Yeganeh, B., Cheraghi, M., Abbasi, J., & Tarasi, Z. (1391/2012). Investigation of role of housing improvement credits on improving quality of life in rural areas of Zanjan, Journal of Housing and Rural Environment, 32(141), 99-107. [In Persian].
24. Moini, M. (1387/2008). Study the process of forming house in new tribal villages, Case Study: Goafshan New Village Semirom Esfahan, Journal of Fine Arts, 33(12), 46-56. [In Persian].
25. Oddershede, A., & Canciano, H. (2000), Rural development decision support using the Analytical Hierarchy Process, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, 44(77),1107-1114.
26. Parasuraman, A., Zeithami, V.A., & Berry, L.L. (1994). Alternative scales for measuring services quality: a comparative assessment based on psychometric and diagnostic criteria, Journal of Retailing, 70(3), 201-230.
27. Rangwala. S.C. (1998). Town Planning, Chartar, Publishing Housing, India.
28. Saeedi, A., & Amini, F. (2010). Instability of settlement and functional evolution of rural housing, Journal of Geography, 8(21), 29-43.
29. Sartipipour, M. (1386/2007). Analytical study of rural housing in Iran, Soffeh, 19(49), 11-41. [In Persian].
30. Seidaei, S.A., Kiani Salmi., & Soltani, Z. (2010). Spatial analysis of rural housing status in Kohgiluyeh and Boyerahmad Province, Rural Research, 1(2), 49-72. [In Persian].
31. Seifoddini, F., Ziari, K. A., & Azimi, A. (1392/2013). Analysis of geographical gap of housing quality in 77 districts of Tehran, Geography, 8(3), 212-233. [In Persian].
32. Shakouri, A., & Asgari, N. (1391/2012). Performance evaluation of rural housing programs and its impact on quality of rural construction in fourth development plan (Case study: Hormozgan Province), Rural Research, 3(2), 119-152. [In Persian].
33. Tress, B., & Tress, G. (2003). Scenario visualization for participatory landscape planning: A Case Study from Denmark, Land Scape and Urban Planning, 64(3), 161:178.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Respectfully ", I declare that I am editing an article, principle of intellectual property is considered and if it is proved otherwise, to compensate for the losses sustained by the Journal of Research and Rural Planning am committed.