1. Badri, S. A. (1376/1997). Sustainable development: Concept, value, action. Geographical Research, 44, 43-67. [In Persian]
2. Bahrami, R. (1390/2011). Environmental constraints and limitations and the impact on rural settlements unsustainability: A case study of the city of Sanandaj. Journal of Rural Studies, 2(7), 145-167. [In Persian]
3. Bandarabad, A. (1390/2011). A livable city from foundations to meanings. Tehran: Azarakhsh press. [In Persian]
4. Barimani, F., & Asghari Lafmajani, S. (1389/2010). Determining the extent of the environmental instability of the rural settlements of Sistan using multi criteria evaluation model. Journal of Geography and Development, 8(19), 127-144. [In Persian]
5. Bayat, N., Rastegar, E., & Azizi, F. (1390/2011). Environmental protection and resource management of rural soils in Iran. Journal of Regional Planning, 1(2), 63-78. [In Persian]
6. Cedar Hill Municipality. (2008). City of Cedar Hill comprehensive Plan 2008. Livability, 5-20.
7. Cowan, R. (2005). The dictionary of urbanism. London: Streetwise Press.
8. Evans, P. (Ed.). (2002). Livable cities urban struggles for livelihood and sustainability. California, USA: University of California Press.
9. Faiz, A., Faiz, A., Wang, W., & Bennett, C. (2012). Sustainable rural roads for livelihoods and livability. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 53, 1-8.
10. Fazelniya, G., Shams al-Dini, A., & Dehghani, K. (1392/2013). Analysis of the quality of rural settlement places in the city of Mamasani: A case study of Doshman Ziari. Geographical Exploration of Wilderness Areas, 1(2), 195-220. [In Persian]
11. Ghorbani Khoshnood, F. (1393/2014). A comparative study of vitality in the central streets of Hamadan with an emphasis on environmental protection and land use (Case study: The first streets of Hamadan) (Unpublished master's thesis). Allmeh Tabataba’i University, Tehran, Iran. [In Persian]
13. Institute of Rural Studies. (1386/2007). Studies on the formulation of policies and strategies for the physical development of the country. Tehran, Iran. [In Persian]
14. Isalou, A. A., Bayat, M., & Bahrami, A. (1393/2014). The notion of livability: A new approach in the improvement of the quality of life in rural communities (A case study of Qom county, Kahak district). Journal of Housing and Rural Environment, 33(146), 107-120. [In Persian]
15. Khorasani, M. A. (1391/2012). Explaining the livability of villages around the cities with the approach quality of life (Case study: Varamin township) (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran. [In Persian]
16. Khorasani, M. A., Rezvani, M. R., Motiee Langroodi, H., & Rafieian, M. (1391/2012). The measurement and evaluation of the livability of the villages around a city (Case study: Varamin township). Rural Studies, 3(4), 85-110. [In Persian]
17. Khorasani, M. A. & Zarghamfard, M. (2017). Analyzing the impacts of spatial factors on livability of peri-urban villages. Social Indicators Research, 1-25.
18. Landry, C. (2000). Urban vitality: A new source of urban competitions.
19. Mandal, R. B. (1989). Systems of rural settlements in developing countries. New Delhi, India: Concept Publishing Company.
20. Motiee Langroodi, S. H., & Shamsaei, E. (1388/2009). The development and sustainable agriculture (From the perspective of the rural economy) (1th ed.). Tehran: Tehran University Press. [In Persian]
21. Niles, D. (2007). Contemporary ruralities: Contrasting visions of food and agriculture (Doctoral dissertation). Clark University.
22. Nooripour, M., & Shahvali, M. (1390/2011). Evaluation criteria of sustainable rural’s Dena County based on communication process: The use of hierarchical analysis. Journal of Rural Studies, 2(1), 63-92. [In Persian]
23. Okulicz-Kozaryn, A. (2012). Income and well-being across European provinces. Social Indicators Research, 106 (2), 371-392.
24. Oseni, G. (2007). Agricultural production, human capital, and rural nonfarm activities: Evidence from Nigeria. American University.
25. Parishan, M. (1385/2006). Structural-functional transition caused by the conversion of rural to urban: A case study of Kanisoor, Tehran (Unpublished master’s thesis). Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran. [In Persian]
26. Perogordo Madrid, D. (2007). The Silesia Megapolis. European Spatial Planning, 17(1), 23-33.
27. Rezvani, M. (1383/2004). Introduction to rural development planning in Iran (1th ed.). Tehran: Ghomes press. [In Persian]
28. Rostamalizade, V., & Soleimani, M. (1390/2011). Desirable rural life with an emphasis on the wellbeing of rural communities. Journal of Rural Development, 2(2), 165-186. [In Persian]
29. Ruth, M., & Franklin, R. S. (2014). Livability for all? Conceptual limits and practical implications. Applied Geography, 49, 18-23.
30. Sadeghloo, T., & Sojasi Qeydari, H. (1393/2014). Survey of the relationship between rural settlement livability and rural resilience in front of natural disaster in rural areas of Mraveh tapeh and Palizan County. Journal of Crisis Management, 3(2), 37-44. [In Persian]
31. Saiedi, A. (1377/1998). Principles of rural geography (1th ed.). Tehran: SAMT press. [In Persian]
32. Shieh, E. (1372/1993). Environmental considerations in the development of technological cities. Journal of Environmental Science, 5(1), 10-17. [In Persian]
33. Timmer, V., & Seymoar, N. K. (2005). The livable city. Proceedings of the World Urban Forum, Vancouver, Canada, 45-65.
34. Van Kamp, I., Leidelmeijer, K., Marsman, G., & De Hollander, A. (2003). Urban environmental quality and human well-being: Towards a conceptual framework and demarcation of concepts; a literature study. Landscape and urban planning, 65(1-2), 5-18.
35. Victorian Competition and Efficiency Commission (VCEC). (2008). A state of liveability: An inquiry into enhancing Victoria's liveability. Melbourne: Author.
36. Wang, X. (2010). The research on the evaluation index system of livable rural areas in China—by the case of rural areas in Henan Province. Proceedings of the International Conference on Agricultural Risk and Food Security. Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia, 1. 456–461.
37. Zhang, Z., & Zhao, X. (2013). Environmental factors analysis on the sustainable development of agriculture in China. Advance Journal of Food Science and Technology, 5(1), 36-40.
Send comment about this article